Regional bank headquartered in Little Rock
Bank OZK (formerly Bank of the Ozarks) is a regional bank headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas with more than 250 locations in ten states: Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina, California, New York and Mississippi and $23.55 billion in assets as of December 31, 2019. Bank OZK is concentrated in the southeastern U.S., with 25 or more branches in four states: Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina.
Bank OZK began with a community bank in Jasper, Arkansas in 1903, expanding to a second location in Ozark, Arkansas in 1937.
George Gleason, a lawyer specializing in banking at the Rose Law Firm, bought Bank of Ozark in 1979 when it had $28 million in assets and changed its name to Bank of the Ozarks. In 1994 the bank had five locations but began expanding. The headquarters moved to Little Rock in 1995.
In 2004, Bank of the Ozarks was the state's third-largest bank with 41 locations, with plans to double that number within the state, and to add full-service branches in Texas and North Carolina, where loan offices had already opened. In Texas, the bank was paying $2.2 million for an excess charter after the purchase of Sun Bank by Happy Bancshares Inc. of Happy, Texas. In addition to $2 million in deposits, the charter would allow the bank to open new branches in the Dallas area.
In December 2008, Bank of the Ozarks moved into a 112,000-square-foot 4-story headquarters, designed by Reese Rowland of Polk Stanley Rowland Curzon Porter Architects on Chenal Parkway near Rahling Road. For five years the bank had rented space in the GMAC Building and Three Financial Center.
30 years after Gleason took over, his bank had $3.2 billion in assets and 72 locations, 65 in Arkansas, 6 in Texas and one in North Carolina, and 740 employees. Only four of the branches were purchases.
In 2010, Bank of the Ozarks bought four failed banks, two of those in Georgia. Unity National Bank of Cartersville with $290 million in assets was the bank's first purchase in Georgia. The bank also bought Chestatee State Bank of Dawsonville, Georgia; Horizon Bank of Bradenton, Florida; and Woodlands Bank in Bluffton, South Carolina, which had a Savannah, Georgia branch. Randy Dennis of DD&F Consulting What is the phone number for xfinity ozk bank macon ga Gleason "shrewd" and "cautious" in his strategy of acquiring failed banks.
In 2011, Bank of the Ozarks acquired three more failed Georgia banks: Oglethorpe Bank of Brunswick with $210 million in assets; First Choice Community Bank of Dallas; and Park Avenue Bank of Valdosta.
In 2012, SNL Financial named Bank of the Ozarks the best performing regional bank.
In January 2013, the bank agreed to pay $64 million for First National Bank of Shelby in Shelby, North Carolina, which dated to 1874. Bank of the Ozarks would be "the dominant bank" in Cleveland County, North Carolina. This deal, plus the bank's first full-service branch on Park Road in Charlotte, would give it 15 locations and $700 million in deposits in North Carolina. By August 2014, the bank also had offices in Cornelius and Belmont.
On December 9, 2013, Bank of the Ozarks announced the $23 million acquisition of Bancshares Inc. of Houston, with $301 million in assets, $269 million in deposits and eight branches of Omnibank N.A., three in Houston, one in San Antonio and four in the Austin area.
On January 30, 2014, Bank of the Ozarks announced a $216 million merger with Summit Betrayal at house on the hill reddit of Arkadelphia, the state's sixth largest bank with $1.2 billion in assets and 24 locations. This was the bank's largest merger yet.
Also in 2014, the bank announced a $228.5 million deal to acquire Intervest Bancshares Corp. of Pinellas County, Florida, with seven offices, six in Florida, $1.6 billion in assets and $1.3 billion in deposits. The bank had four Florida locations, in Manatee County.
On May 6, 2015, a $64.7 million deal was announced with Bank of the Carolinas of Mocksville, North Carolina. The deal would give Bank of the Ozarks 24 locations in North Carolina, up from 16, and its first presence in the Piedmont Triad. The bank's North Carolina deposits would increase from $596.2 million to $963.7 million, making it the state's 19th largest bank. Total branches would increase to 171.
On October 19, 2015, Bank of the Ozarks announced an agreement to acquire Community & Southern Bank (as well as its holding company Community & Southern Holdings, Inc.) in an all-stock transaction valued at approximately $799.6 million; it was also agreed that, after the transaction's completion, Community & Southern Holdings, Inc. (CSB) would merge into Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. (OZRK) and CSB's wholly-owned subsidiary, Community & Southern Bank, would merge into OZRK's wholly-owned subsidiary, Bank of the Ozarks. This acquisition, both in total assets and in purchase price, is the largest ever by an Arkansas bank. The mergers were complete on July 20, 2016.
On November 9, 2015, a $402.5-million acquisition and merging ozk bank macon ga was announced with C1 Financial, Inc. Upon the closing of the transaction, C1 Financial, Inc. first convenience bank locations in houston set to merge into Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. while C1's wholly-owned subsidiary C1 Bank, would merge into Bank of the Ozarks. The transaction was closed and mergers completed on July 21, 2016. This transaction was the bank's fifteenth acquisition since March, 2010.
A name change was announced March 16, 2018 to reflect the bank's substantial and expanding regional footprint from Texas to North Carolina. After a vote on the change was made on May 7, the new name Bank OZK became official on July 16, 2018.
Following large earnings increases in 2021 as the economy recovered from the COVID-19 pandemic, Bank OZK's board of directors announced in July 2021 a year-long share repurchase of up to $300 million of outstandingcommon stock.
In August 2021, Bank OZK announced that it would close its retail banking branch at Rockefeller Plaza in New York City, effective September 2021, therefore eliminating its sole retail banking presence in the state.
- ^ abcde"Bank OZK(OZK)". Retrieved June 29, 2019.
- ^"Bank OZK(OZK)". Retrieved June 29, 2019.
- ^ ab"History". Retrieved May 8, 2015.
- ^ abSmith, David (February 1, 2009). "Bank of Ozarks moves to new building, caps 30-year success story". Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. p. 67.
- ^Smith, David (March 16, 2004). "Bank of Ozarks is taking long view: Institution plans out-of-state growth". Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. p. 23.
- ^ abc
- ^Smith, David (April 4, 2010). "Banks plan more acquisitions: Home BancShares, Ozarks still shopping Florida, Georgia". Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. p. 69.
- ^ ab"Business Briefs: Bank of ozk bank macon ga Ozarks named top performing bank in the nation". Newnan Times-Herald. May 27, 2012. Archived from the original on 2015-05-18. Retrieved May 14, 2015.
- ^"First Choice Community Bank in Dallas, Georgia (GA)". bankencyclopedia.com. Retrieved May 14, 2015.
- ^"Failed Bank Information: Information for First Choice Community Bank, Dallas, GA". Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Retrieved May 14, 2015.
- ^Poling, Dean (April 30, 2011). "Park Avenue Bank closes". Valdosta Daily Times. Retrieved May 14, 2015.
- ^O'Daniel, Adam (January 30, 2013). "Bank of the Ozarks deploying 'war chest' in North Carolina expansion". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- ^ abO'Daniel, Adam (August 1, 2014). "Bank of the Ozarks to buy Intervest Bank for $228 million". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- ^Pulsinelli, Olivia (December 10, 2013). "Bank of the Ozarks scoops up Houston bank". Houston Business Journal. Retrieved May 14, 2015.
- ^Smith, David (January 31, 2014). "Bank of Ozarks agrees to purchase Summit, 11th acquisition since '10". Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. p. 1.
- ^Craver, Richard (May 7, 2015). "Bank of the Carolinas to be sold to Arkansas bank". Winston-Salem Journal. Retrieved May 14, 2015.
- ^"Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. and Community & Southern Holdings, Inc. Enter into Definitive Agreement and Plan of Merger". Business Wire. October 19, 2015. Retrieved July 27, 2021.
- ^"Bank of the Ozarks announces $800 million deal, largest by an Arkansas bank". The City Wire. Talk Business & Politics. October 19, 2015. Retrieved July 27, 2021.
- ^"Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. Announces Completion of its Merger With Community & Southern Holdings, Inc". Business Wire. July 20, 2016. Retrieved July 27, 2021.
- ^"Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. and C1 Financial, Inc. Enter into Definitive Merger Agreement". Business Wire. November 9, 2015. Retrieved July 27, 2021.
- ^"Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. Announces Completion of its Ozk bank macon ga With C1 Financial, Inc". Business Wire. July 21, 2016. Retrieved July 27, 2021.
- ^"Bank of the Ozarks Completes Merger With C1 Financial, Inc". Bank OZK Corporate News. July 21, 2016. Retrieved July 27, 2021.
- ^Craver, Richard (March 19, 2018). "Bank of the Ozarks opts for abbreviation with planned name change". Winston-Salem Journal. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- ^"Bank OZK Q2 Profit Beats Expectations". Arkansas Business. July 23, 2021. Retrieved July 27, 2021.
Bank OZK provides money-saving products including competitive CD rates, checking accounts, and savings accounts. In this guide, we’ll compare Bank OZK’s rates to CD, checking, and savings account rates from the top banks in the USA.
Let’s take a look!
Bank OZK Savings Account Rates
Bank OZK Money Market Rates
Bank of the Ozarks CD Rates
Compare best CD account rates from over 100 banks and credit unions across the United States.
Certificates of Deposit vs. Fixed Annuity
The Top Fixed Annuities
Fixed annuities offer a guaranteed return for a set amount of years, similar to a CD. Guaranteed crediting rates for the terms below:
- 2 YEAR TERM: 2.15%
- 3 YEAR TERM: 2.60%
- 4 YEAR TERM: 2.60%
- 5 YEAR TERM: 3.05%
- 7 YEAR TERM: 3.25%
- Grow your money as fast as possible
- Principal protection
- Interest rate is locked for the term you select
- Tax deferred growth
- Withdraw annually without penalty
- Lump sum death benefits
- Accepts cash, 401(k), and IRA Funds
What’s The Difference Between a Fixed Annuity and CD?
|Who Offers||Insurance Company||Banks|
|Premium Amounts||$2,500 to $1 Million||$500 – No Maximum|
|Terms||2 Years to 20 Years||3 Months to 7 Years|
|Guaranteed Interest Rates||Up to 3.25%||Up to 1.25%|
|Can Lose Money?||No||No|
|Liquid After Term||100%||100%|
|How Are Gains Taxed?||Tax-Deferred||Taxed Annually|
|Annual Liquidity||Up to 10% Annually||No Liquidity|
|Who Protects My Money?||Insurance Company/SGA||FDIC|
Are Annuities FDIC Insured?
Fixed annuities are not FDIC insured, but they have similar protections for your money. An annuity is an insurance policy guaranteed by the insurance company’s claims-paying ability. The insurance companies are members of the state insurance guarantee associations in each state where they do business. Each state insurance guarantee ozk bank macon ga protects consumers in the unlikely event that their insurance company fails and defaults on their obligations to their consumers (limits vary per state).
For example, Georgia insures up to $250,000 of the annuity’s cash value per insured life if the insurance company becomes insolvent and can not fulfill its obligations to the insured.
The Best CD Rates Today
3 Month CD Rates
6 Month CD Rates
1 Year CD Rates
2 Year CD Rates
3 Year CD Rates
4 Year CD Rates
5 Year CD Rates
The Best Fixed Annuity Rates Today
Learn the differences and benefits between Fixed Annuities and Certificate of Deposits (CD).
Disclaimer: I may receive a small referral fee if you purchase something using a link in this article.
I’m a licensed financial professional. I’ve sold annuities and insurance for more than a decade. My former role was training financial advisors, including for a Fortune Global 500 insurance company. I’ve been featured in Time Magazine, Yahoo! Finance, MSN, SmartAsset, Entrepreneur, Bloomberg, The Simple Dollar, U.S. News and World Report, and Women’s Health Magazine.
My goal is to help you take the guesswork out of retirement planning or find the best insurance coverage at the cheapest rates for you.
The Best Second Chance Banks and Credit Unions in Georgia
If you’ve recently been denied a bank account in Georgia, you’re not alone. Over 400,000 households in the state do not have a bank account. It’s a good ozk bank macon ga that many of those without a bank account have had financial struggles with bounced checks or excessive bank fees they can’t pay. This lands them on ChexSystems, a company that keeps track of over 300 million account holders in the United States… and several million in Georgia.
Unable to get a checking account, they’re forced to carry cash, purchase cashier’s checks, and use expensive check-cashing services. Even though prepaid cards make life a little easier, the cost is much more expensive versus a checking account.
But all that can be avoided if you use a bank that doesn’t use ChexSystems. And some banks and credit unions offer so-called second chance bank accounts.
During the past four years, we’ve kept tabs on the banks and credit unions in Georgia who want your business, even if you’ve had ozk bank macon ga run-in with ChexSystems, experienced bad credit, or have been unable to pay escalating bank fees.
We’ve selected the best accounts in Georgia based on acceptance rates, checking account features and benefits, and the accounts with the lowest fees. The vast majority of the time, you can get a bank account with ALL the features and benefits you need and deserve with no fees, minimums, or restrictions. Best of all, you can open an account today!
Open an account today!
List of the Best Second Chance Banks and Credit Unions in Georgia
And, best of all, Chime accepts almost all customers who apply. Even if you have bad or poor credit or have been blacklisted by ChexSystems or credit bureaus. This makes Chime a solid choice for a second chance bank account.
Features include mobile deposits, direct deposit, online bill payment, NO monthly or annual fees, NO overdrafts, NO credit check, and NO CheckSystems.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- FREE Visa® debit card
- NO monthly Service Charge
- NO monthly minimums
- NO credit check; Bad credit OK
- NO ChexSystems or Telecheck; guaranteed approval
- FREE online banking and mobile banking/deposits
- FREE mobile and online bill pay
- NO foreign transaction fees
- NO fees at over 60,000 ATMs at convenient locations like Walgreens, 7-Eleven, CVS and more
- SAVINGS: You can round up every purchase to the nearest dollar and automatically deposit that difference into your savings account.
Chime Lets You Get A Jump On Payday
You can receive your paycheck up to two days earlier than at a traditional bank if you set up direct deposit — Chime processes your employer’s check immediately instead of waiting like other walmart customer service hours may.
Chime is one of the most friendly for those who have been negatively impacted by bad credit, ChexSystems, or Telecheck.
Your Chime Bb king lucille red Debit Card charges NO fees at over 60,000 ATMs found at these retailers and many more:
Get a Chime Account Today!
Chime is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by, and debit card issued by, The Bancorp Bank or Stride Bank, N.A.; Members FDIC.
Second Floor Office Space - First floor utilized by Bank OZK
BUILDING INFORMATION: · 9,816± SF Two-story Office Building - 5,397 ± SF Office available on 2nd Floor served by elevators - Floor plan consists of: Waiting Room, Large Open Meeting Area, Large Conference Room, Five Private Offices, Two Restrooms, Break Room, Two Storage Rooms · First floor utilized by Bank OZK Where is huntington bank near me Brick YEAR BUILT: 2007 LAND: 2 .26± Acres
|Property Type||Office Bldg|
|Max Continuous Area||5,397|
|Min Divisible Area||5,397|
|Listing ID||Y4Y8RC premier credit manager|
|Style||Office Bldg -General|
|Building Size||9,816 SF|
HVAC: Ozk bank macon ga HVAC SPRINKLER SYSTEM: 100% wet system ALARM SYSTEM: Yes PARKING: Asphalt paved parking spaces ZONING: Commercial UTILITIES: All public utilities serve property.Additional Media